PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during forklift operation
- 1. Safety gloves
- 2. Safety shoes
- 3. Safety helmet
- 4. Safety vest
Standard rules for forklift operation correctly and safely
- The operators must be trained well before using.
- Study the safe driving manual clearly before using forklift.
- Study the safety rules & regulations of company before using forklift.
- Always wear PPE when using forklift every time.
- Always check the forklift conditions before using.
- When found any defect or irregular conditions of forklift, please report to your superior or responsible person immediately.
Procedure and caution for forklift operarion
- Get on-off the forklift with the proper posture every time in order to avoid any slippy accident.
- Always assess the loading weight of goods to be lifted every time.
- Keep a good center of gravity when lifting goods as well as fastening the stuff firmly.
- Lift the fork at least 10 - 20 cm. height from the floor level during loading goods with a proper end-up angle of fork to avoid falling cargo.
- Control speed limit according to company's rule.
- Reduce speed or stop forklift and show the warning signal/alarm infront of the intersection, joint way or invisible corner.
- In case the loading cargo's height is blocking your eyesight, then you have to drive backward.
- In case the loading cargo's height is blocking your eyesight, but you have to drive forward or upper slope, then the navigator is needed.
- To use forklift for carryig passengers is strictly prohibited.
- The periodic maintenance for forklift must be done as per manual regularly.